READ THE AUGUST ISSUE NOW …
The August issue of Food & Beverage Reporter is now available online. Click here to read it (it’s a PDF file you can save and read offline).
Boxmore’s new CEO Len Engelbrecht shares his plans for the award-winning company.
* Building a bread culture in SA. We speak to SA Chamber of Baking’s Geoff Penny about the industry’s challenges.
* From zero to hero: flax is suddenly a hot ingredient in thE baking sector thanks to the rise and rise of low-carb and gluten-free diets.
* Consumers are demanding both freshness and long shelf life in their packaged meat products: how can the industry handle these competing needs?
* Dramatic growth forecasts for the meat industry
* How to make meat tasty? It’s complicated!
Snack attack: The market’s buoyant – but competition is intense. Who wins?
Supply chain: The distribution industry is facing radical technological change. We look at the key factors in the supply chain revolution.
Year of the Pulse. The humble bean, lentil and chickpea is enjoying celebrity status in 2016 thanks to a major push by the United Nations to create awareness about the nutrient benefits of pulses and the key role they could play in addressing food security.