Your gateway to discovering over 55 spectacular conservation-centric wine estates that are producing exceptional wines while preserving the rich biodiversity of the Overberg and Cape Winelands, the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) Conservation Champion Wine Farm Guide App is a must-have for locals, tourists, wine enthusiasts and nature lovers.
Experience the unique Cape Floral Kingdom
This innovative app, available for Android and iOS, enables users to explore the exciting wine and nature-based ecotourism activities at over 55 WWF Conservation Champion wine farms that collectively own 43,000ha of land in the Cape Winelands, of which more than half is conserved as a pristine part of the Cape Floral Kingdom.
The smallest of the six plant kingdoms in the world, the Cape Floral Kingdom is considered a biodiversity hotspot, home to over 9000 species of which 70% are only found in this geographical area.
With a user-friendly interface, the app provides access to a diverse array of opportunities to connect with nature in this magnificent location through immersive and sustainable adventures ranging from walking, hiking and mountain biking trails to bird watching, eco-lodging, picnics, nature drives, and ‘vinisafari’ experiences.
Unique Features of the Champion Wine Guide App
- Explore Wine Farms: Browse through detailed profiles of over 55 recognised wine farms, each a steward of the environment.
- Wine Tasting Experiences: Plan your wine-tasting adventures with insights into the unique offerings of each farm.
- Nature-Based Activities: Immerse yourself in nature-based activities, from scenic walks to thrilling mountain biking trails.
- Tailored Experiences: From harvest festivals and serene picnic spots to seasonal menus at picturesque restaurants and ‘vinisafaris’, the app enables you to tailor experiences based on your personal preferences.
- MAP Function: Discover nearby wine farms or choose a specific region for a customised exploration experience.
Follow the Sugarbird…
The app enables exploration and also invites you to join the conservation movement. Simply follow the sugarbird to help protect the invaluable biodiversity of the Cape Floral Kingdom.
By supporting the WWF Conservation Champion wine farms, you actively contribute to the conservation of the environment and sustainable practices in wine cultivation. As WWF Conservation Champions, these wine farms are acknowledged as environmental leaders in the wine industry for their commitment to conservation, responsible production practices, integrated environmental management systems, and spearheading innovations in water, energy efficiency and climate adaptation.
Download the Champion Wine Guide App
Supporting a WWF Conservation Champion wine farm is as easy as downloading the Champion Wine Guide App from www.championwineguide.co.za, following the sugarbird on Instagram @followthesugarbird or looking for the distinctive sugarbird and protea logo on wine bottles when buying wine.