Heritage Day, also fondly known by South Africans as National Braai Day (24th September) is a great time to fire up the flames and rustle up some quick and easy braai side dishes to share with family and friends.
Savour the goodness of our unique food heritage by dialling up the braai menu and special family times, this Braai Day. Rhodes Quality has a range of ideal braai sides like corn, chakalaka, beetroot, gherkins and beans that that will have you making the tastiest braai recipes with ease.
Not to mention sticky finger-licking jam marinades and refreshing Rhodes Quality juices to compliment any braai. With the goodness of mother nature sealed into every product you can create nourishing and satisfying meals for your family prepared with love.
Gather your family around the patio table and make memorable mealtimes. From a crunchy mixed bean salad, to the ultimate chakalaka and cheddar cheese braai broodjies, a beetroot and red cabbage salad with feta, and much more this braai day.
Crunchy Mixed Bean Salad
An easy salad, as a side dish with your favourite meat or perfectly filling on its own.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 x orange pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 x red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 x small red onion, finely chopped
- 65 ml (¼ cup) flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Baked Beans
- 10-15 ml (2-3 tsp) fresh lemon juice]
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Place the Rhodes Quality Black Beans and the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn into a large bowl and toss to mix.
Add the peppers, onion and parsley and mix again.
Stir in the Rhodes Quality Baked Beans.
Season to taste with the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
Chill until serving.